Sunday, November 8, 2009

Countdown has began

Firstly, I have to say - my mom and dad has been guilty of not offering me enough time to say what's been going on around me. Yes, they were busy they say. But reality is, their time management was poor. Ok, so they had a toddler to deal with. As if that is the hardest thing on earth. Then daddy uses his 'real' work as an excuse. I say, what's real? Hello, it's me here that's real. And you have not much time left in your hand - my old man! That's it - that would get him moving. And mommy - she's finally started her maternity leave. Carrying me around isn't that difficult as you make out to be. Don't start blaming me even before I am born!

I feel better now.

There hasn't been a post on this blog for such a long time. You now know who to blame.

Done with my rants. Phew, I really feel better now!

You know what, it's only matter of days now. That's if I didn't decide to come out early. Mommy has been going to the obstetrician almost weekly now. And thanks to her gestational diabetes, she also has to get a full scan of me done every week or two. That means they get to see me often. Daddy had to travel again (yes, yet again) and was back Friday morning just in time for the scan. As the sonographer turned on the scanner and focused on my face, guess what did I do? I turned and winked at them. You bet I winked. Too bad there wasn't any recording done. You see, I am big enough now to open my eyes. And I know how to wink too.

This weekend, the preparation for my arrival has truly began. Mommy started packing her maternity bag. They fixed up my sister's car seat to switch back to infant mode (lucky her - she gets promoted to toddler booster seat). Daddy also did some shopping for me while he was travelling. There's been lot of talk at home how we will arrange for our sleeping. But its yet to be finalised. But mommy can really feel it's close; very close.

The date has been set (remember it all changes if I decide to come out early). The stage is ready. People are waiting - the spotlight is on. Only a grand entry remains. Hope to speak to you all soon ... from outside of my mommy's tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment